Serving Adults Who Cannot Care for Themselves
Our Cambridge center is as diverse as the community around it. We care for adults over the age of 18 who have physical, mental, cognitive and mobility challenges that keep them from being able to care completely for themselves.
Our services mitigate the need for institutionalization by providing oversight, medical care and the structure needed to live a productive safe independent life.
Accommodating Special Needs
Special needs often arise. Our staff tries to accommodate all special needs and requests. Should you have concerns about special needs, please contact your local center.
How Often do People Attend?
Many people attend the center daily however some only attend part-time or when their caregiver is unavailable.
What Challenges do Attendees Have?
Most of our attendees wish to continue living independently in their own home, or do not qualify for residential-style assisted living.
The people who need our care often have one or more of the following problems:
- Mobility challenges that render the person unable to adequately deal with daily living tasks such as preparing food, bathing and using the toilet.
- Cognitive impairment from traumatic brain injuries.
- Memory loss from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Physical disabilities that inhibit the ability to live alone.
- Mental illness that requires administration of medication in a structured format.
- Rehabilitative aftercare assistance.
- Developmental challenges that mean the adult needs supervision during the day.
Each person is different, and so is their customized care plan. If you know someone who is suffering from any of the listed conditions or you feel they may be eligible to join the Cambridge community, please contact us for a free case evaluation.
Cambridge Adult Day Center Walton, LLC in Overland accepts private pay as well as those with Medicaid coverage.
We can help you get qualified and ensure that you comply with ongoing eligibility requirements for a wide variety of resources.
Being Part of the Cambridge Community
At Cambridge you are more than a number, you are part of our community.
Our diverse community is made up of adults with various needs and from many different walks of life. This creates a kaleidoscope of rich personalities and interests.
We strive to provide meaningful experiences by embracing the diversity of each center. By implementing inter-generational learning programs we strengthen hearts, minds and bodies.